Monday 31 October 2011

recipe: Avocado and Edamame Salad







I have been really busy at work today, don't even know the time. Busy tidying up the packing area as we are expecting delivery of 20 boxes of production today. I basically went out to get lunch an hour earlier because they did not changed the clock backward. I was craving for my favourite healthy chicken salad from the sandwich place near my work place. One of the guy work there has a crush on me and I always get big salad with cheaper.    
I got my lunch back and start surfing internet and i found this recipe and I like to make this one day.
Look how healthy and wholesome this is.
serves 4 large or 6 small servings
1 16-ounce bag frozen shelled edamame, thawed
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
2 teaspoons honey
scant 1/4 cup seasoned rice wine vinegar
3 tablespoons olive oil
juice of 1 lime
pinch of salt and fresh cracked pepper
1/2 cup sliced green onion
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
5 to 8 radishes, sliced
1 ripe avocado, sliced
sesame seeds
Bring about 4 cups of water to boil in a medium saucepan.  Add edamame and boil for just a few minutes, until cooked through but still with a slight bite to them.  Drain and allow to cool.
In the meantime, make the dressing.
In a small bowl, whisk together rice wine vinegar, oil, garlic, ginger, lime, and salt and pepper.  Whisk together until completely incorporated.  Set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine cooled edamame, green onion, parsley, radishes, and a sprinkling of sesame seeds.  Toss together.  Add dressing to desired amount.  It’s that easy!
Salad lasts up to 4 days in the fridge, but be warned, the radishes will start the loose their red color… just so you know.  
Photo & recipe: joythebaker.com

No comments:

Post a Comment